Saturday, March 1, 2008

Katie Nordstrom








I am so happy to see your beautiful families and hear about your adventures since graduation. Well, three weeks after graduation Garrett, now almost 6 yrs old, was born and ten days later we left for California for Bjorn to start medical school at Touro University. During his first year we managed an apartment complex. Because of the time commitment and rigors of the first year, we decided to move closer to school and soon after had Drex 3 ½ . We have stayed busy moving to 7 different homes during medical school due to rotation experiences.
Bjorn is now a 2nd year Resident at the UCSF Family Medicine Program at Natividad Hospital in Monterey County. He is now Trilingual-speaking English, Spanish and Portuguese to his patients-I think that is so neat. We live in Hollister, about a half hour away, near both of our families.” Garrett is in Kindergarten, loves soccer, swimming, and giving talks in Primary. He comes home from school and tells me all about his “girl” friends that he has begun to write “I love you” notes to- literally. Drex loves to do homework, help with dishes, do tricks on his scooter, climb- he is our dangerous one, and play with his friends. We are excited to announce our third boy due in about 2 ½ weeks. Bjorn is happy to be starting his own team!
I stay busy chasing after my boys, volunteering in preschool and Kindergarten classes, being Nursery leader and most recently Office Manager for Bjorn as he has started a moonlighting practice of his own. He works locally with his own clientele away from the hospital. I keep my nursing license active, but foremost love unconditionally meeting the demands of being a Mom and wife to my boys. I can’t even describe how fulfilling they make my life. I hope you are all doing amazing and want to hear from you often.
Love, Katie
ktmom02@yahoo.com 831-636-3977, 2171 Highland Drive, Hollister CA 95023

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cute family! We have a lot in common. My husband is in his residency too so I can relate to the vigors of that road. I'm also having my third in a couple of weeks. Good luck!! Enjoy California, that's such a beautiful part of the state.

Melissa Fowler

Janae said...

I am so glad you wrote and left your address. I have sent a few things to you, but to an old address. I am happy to have your new one. Hope all is well!

emily said...

what a fun update. the picture of your family is so fantatic - you all are so good-looking. :) you really look so good and your boys are adorable!